Thursday, April 17, 2014

Just One Day Book Review

Hello dearies! It's been awhile since I last blogged because I got busy during the final weeks of school. Thankfully it's Summer time! BUT... I happened to enroll for a few summer classes so rest assured, I still won't be able to blog regularly. Anyway, I realized that I have yet to share with you guys what kind of books I read during my spare time. Needless to say I am a hopeless romantic who loves reading romance novels and today I am going share my thoughts, feelings and insights on the book, Just One Day by Gayle Forman.




I have read other novels by Gayle Forman namely, If I Stay and Where She Went and after finishing those novels I was so emotionally affected that I decided to buy more books written by the same author. 

I admit that the first time I saw this book it didn't really catch my attention but I was able to read snippets of it in If I Stay and eventually I got interested enough to get my own copy. There are actually two versions of the cover of Just One Day but I decided to get this one since it has a more romantic feel to it.

Don't worry, I won't spoil the story for those of you who are interested in reading this book. Basically the story is about Allyson who lives a sheltered life and Willem an aspiring actor who decides to spend one day in Paris.

At first you might think of the idea as very cliche but Gayle Forman has a way with her words... she is able to pierce the heart of her readers through capturing the raw emotions of each character. I could especially relate with Allyson since she is an only child and so am I. I can understand where her parents are coming from and why they are over protective of her. Willem on the other hand exemplifies the typical playboy. He is swift, charming and could probably convince you to take of your knickers in a short period of time. Just kiddin'! But that's how smooth he is with girls. 

Readers will be able to empathize with both protagonists. For romantic saps like me, this book will surely not disappoint you! Yes, it may not be a fantasy filled novel and yet there is magic in the way the author writes. She was able to capture the essence of what most people call as 'love at first sight'. I am not even a believer of such ridiculous notions but I found myself falling in love along with the characters. Maybe it is the idea of loving someone from the moment you first laid your eyes on them that is so intoxicating... but whatever you believe in I'm sure that this book will change your perspective of love.

-Aly

No comments:

Post a Comment