Friday, April 18, 2014

March-April 2014 Book Haul!!!

Hello! It's me again! Down to business, I was able to purchase a number of books all from different branches of National Bookstore. I just wanted to share the books I was able to buy for the month of March and April.


 (FR: T-B; Just One Year by Gayle Forman, Cloaked by Alex Flinn, Interim Goddess of Love Book 2: Queen of the Clueless by Mina V. Esguerra)

(FR: T-B; Eleanor&Park, Fan Girl  and Attachments all by Rainbow Rowell, Ashes by Ilsa J. Bick)

The first three books were actually a gift from my father. He decided to take me book shopping and these are the books that I chose. I got Just One Year since I have just finished the novel, Just One Day and this book is the sequel to it. I picked up Cloaked because I love reading modern retelling of fairy tales and Alex Flinn is a known author of these type of novels. Lastly I got Mina V. Esguerra's Interm Goddess of Love Book 2: Queen of the Clueless. Actually, I haven't read the first book of the Interm Goddess of Love trilogy since unfortunately for me, I can't find a copy anymore! So I just decided to buy the second book anyway since I am a huge fan of Summit Books. I started reading their novels when I was just in the third grade! Can you believe it? The book that got me hooked on reading is Odd Girl Out which is by the same company. Sadly I cannot remember the name of the author. I have been an avid fan of the companies' novels for almost nine years. That's almost a decade! It's really disappointing that books from Watt pad are overpowering Summit Books because their novels are really not of interest to me and I'm sure I'm not the only one who dislikes Watt pad books. Admittedly, I haven't tried reading a book of theirs and I honestly don't plan to.

Rainbow Rowell's variuos novels have been making it to my radar for the past few weeks and I decided to give her books a try. I bought all of her three novels namely Eleanor&Park, Fan Girl and Attachments. Along with these I also bought Ashes since I am fond of apocalyptic books and I think the story is about zombies but I'm not entirely sure since I haven't started reading it yet.

Summer is the perfect time for leisure reading and I can't wait to make a dent in these books!

-Aly

No comments:

Post a Comment