Sunday, April 20, 2014

Maybelline Lip Polish in Glam 13 Review

I always wanted a lippie that is not only  moisturizing but glossy as well. I think I got both in Maybelline's Lip Polish! Originally I wanted to get a red shade but my mum suggested that I go with this color since it will make me look my age. The sales lady also informed me that this is one of their bestsellers so I didn't think twice about buying it. The packaging is very simple yet chic.


 Maybelline Lip Polish in Glam 13
(P 249)

*Without flash

*With flash


What it claims:

Lip polish is designed to transform ordinary lips into an alluring pout. It is a 3-in-1  potion which harnesses the best qualities of a balm, lipstick and lip gloss. 
The trio of Concentrates include:
  1. Potent Color Extracts: Pure saturated color pigments that provide deep, intense color like a lipstick.
  2. Concentrated Liquid Balm: Moisturizing liquid conditioning balm gets the lips ready for intensely rich color. Gives a soft cushiony feel and care to the lips.
  3. Glossy Shine Serum: Built-in glossy top-coat, that makes lips look fuller and more luscious.
Specially designed leaf-shaped applicator which makes application quick and precise.

Verdict:

I absolutely love the nudish pink shade of this lippie! It's so versatile and goes with everything! I was surprised of the color because when the sales lady applied some on her lips it looked almost nude. Upon trying the product for myself it appeared to be a pinkish shade. The lip polish looks nude when the photo taken has no flash and pinkish when taken with a flash. It glides on like a lip balm but the color is pigmented like lip stick and the finishing touch is glossy, almost like you applied some lip gloss! However, it does feel a bit heavy on the lips and one has to constantly apply a coat or two because it doesn't last very long especially if you drink or eat something. Personally I don't have a problem with re-applying but I wouldn't recommend this to girls who like their lippies to last all day long.

-Aly

No comments:

Post a Comment