Sunday, February 23, 2014

The Lydia Martin Challenge (Day One)

Hello, darlings!

As you may well notice, this is my first blog post - mainly because I usually don't have time to put my thoughts into writing, and because I have left Aly free reign with the blog. She makes better reviews anyway. Haha!

But moving on... Do any of you watch Teen Wolf? It's this show about, generally, a pack of teenage wolves trying to save their town from oncoming danger. Which happens in just about every episode in the whole series. No, I'm not even kidding.

One of the characters is a girl named Lydia Martin, who, starting from season one, I've noticed has incredible taste and style - I mean this girl mixes preppy with hipster like it's nobody's business. I just love her. 

Anyway, aside from her sass, wit, and wardrobe (which I look out for every single episode), one of the best things about her is her hair. She's a redhead - and if that wasn't awesome enough, she fixes it/gets it fixed in various styles that just make me go "O_O", especially her braids.

As such, I've decided to try to recreate some of my favorite looks from her, and, I'll be honest - this may result in major fangirling and insertion of Teen Wolf spoilers, so be forewarned.

Today, I decided to go with a half-crown braid (this is what it looks like when Lydia wears it), which is a braid running over the crown of your head as if it were a headband. To be honest, I never figured out how to do this (for some reason, I never looked it up on YouTube or Tumblr or anything) until about a week ago, and decided to wear it to a bazaar I went to this afternoon.


You can try this look by taking a section of your hair from underneath the rest (I use the thicker part, which is my right side) and braiding it upwards, placing it over the crown of your head, then pinning it on the other side. You can do the same with the other side of your hair to get a more even-looking style. (Does that make sense?)



I'm happy to report that I did have people compliment it, so achievement unlocked!

-Zel

P.S. I make the worst faces when posing for something. Just ignore my expression, please. HAHAHA.

No comments:

Post a Comment