Saturday, February 22, 2014

Turning Legal

Last October 19, 2013 I celebrated my 18th birthday at The Sulo Riviera Hotel. It was a day filled with much laughter and happiness. However cliche it may sound, I truly felt like a princess that evening. I just wanted to share how I looked like on that particular night.




As you can see my make-up artist chose to give me a natural look which I think is very fitting for the occasion. My mother and I have been a client of his ever since I can remember. I really liked the way he defined my lips. It isn't noticeable at first glance but the middle top part of my lips are not filled in with lip gloss. This is to create the effect of heart shaped lips.




In the picture above I am wearing a nude ballgown specially designed and made for me. I always wanted to wear something skin tone ever since reading Gossip Girl by Cecily von Ziegesar. I really loved the way the author described Blair Waldorf in a nude dress and red drugstore bought slippers. It's chic without trying too hard. I just had to wear something like that! Luckily my designer got the color right. You know how others perceive nude as a mocha or brown shade? Well that's not how I see it. For me the color is supposed to be similar to a person's natural skin tone and that's what I got! I was so happy when I finally saw the gown. Not only was the color right but the design was beautiful as well! Not to mention the amazing bead work my designer did. He is such a talented and wonderful designer!

I also had a second dress for that evening but I'll show a photo of that some other day. 'Til next time!

-Aly

No comments:

Post a Comment